The Institute for Medical Ethics and History of Medicine at Ruhr University, Bochum are holding an International Spring School on Human Rights and Mental Health, to bring together early career scholars, experts, service users and other stakeholders to critically assess the implementation of the CRPD in the context of health care. Confirmed speakers include:
- Peter Bartlett, Professor of Mental Health Law at the University of Nottingham
- Theresia Degener, Professor of Law and Disability Studies at the Protestant University for Applied Sciences in Bochum and Chairperson of the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Eilionóir Flynn, Senior Lecturer at the School of Law and Deputy Director of the Centre for Disability Law and Policy at the National University of Ireland Galway
- Margret Osterfeld, Member of the UN Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
- Martin Zinkler, Chair of the Department of Psychiatry at Klinikum Heidenheim
For more details, including how to submit abstracts (by 13 January), see here.