The June 2023 Mental Capacity Report is now out. Highlights this month include:
- In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: the JCHR has questions for the Government about the delay to the LPS; anorexia and capacity, and Caesarean sections and P-centricity;
- In the Property and Affairs Report: Hegel and testamentary capacity, and cross-border management of personal injury settlements;
- In the Practice and Procedure Report: a freeze on freezing injunctions, and ss.48 and 49 MCA under the spotlight;
- In the Wider Context Report: Mental Health Act reform potential and pitfalls, an update to the Mental Health and Justice Capacity Guide, and food refusal in prison;
- In the Scotland Report: Issues with powers of attorney – an unprecedented tangle, the Powers of Attorney Bill and Implementation of the Scott Report.
Click here to read the compendium version.
You can find our past issues, our case summaries, and more on our dedicated sub-site here, where you can also sign up to the Mental Capacity Report.
My walkthrough is here.