The February 2016 Newsletters are now available. Highlights this month include:
- In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Newsletter: Article 5, best interests and the COP; 16 and 17 year olds and deprivation of liberty; and the views of the Official Solicitor on ‘using and weighing’;
- In the Property and Affairs Newsletter: EPAs and gratuitous care; the CICA and the COP; and the perils of putting oneself forward as panel deputy;
- In the Practice and Procedure Newsletter: the transparency pilot and how to survive it;
- In the Capacity outside the COP Newsletter: the National Mental Capacity Action day and how to take part; capacity and organ donation; and legislative developments both sides of the border in Ireland;
- In the Scotland Newsletter: Scottish Government consults on a review of the AWI; two important MWC reports and an obituary of Ian McMurray
And remember, you can now find all our past issues, our case summaries, and much more on our dedicated sub-site here. ‘One-pagers’ of the cases in these Newsletters of most relevance to social work professionals will also shortly appear on the SCIE website.