The October 2021 Mental Capacity Report is about to hit subscribers‘ inboxes. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: the 14th birthday of the MCA, an important case about the scope and limits of ADRTs, and the impact of coercive control on capacity;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: a deputy stand-off and new blogs from the OPG;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: anticipatory declarations and medical treatment – two different scenarios;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: children, competence and capacity in different contexts, the JCHR launches an inquiry into human rights in care settings, and a Jersey perspective on deprivation of liberty;
(5) In the Scotland Report: the Supreme Court, devolution and implications for CRPD incorporation, and resisting guardianship.
You can find our past issues, our case summaries, and more on our dedicated sub-site here, where you can also find updated versions of both our capacity and best interests guides
My walkthrough is here: