April’s offerings are now available here. Highlights include:
1. In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Newsletter: Charles J and the DOL impasse, sex and marriage, grappling with anorexia, and wishes and feelings in different contexts;
2. In the Property and Affairs Newsletter: revoking and suspending LPAs, Law Society guidance on fiduciary duties and the OPG on delegation;
3. In the Practice and Procedure Newsletter: Court of Protection statistics, the appointment of the Chief Assessor for the Law Society Mental Capacity accreditation scheme, statutory charges, contempt of court, and the admissibility of expert evidence;
4. In the Capacity outside the COP Newsletter: follow-up from the Mental Capacity Action Day, obstructive family members and safeguarding, and end of life care and capacity;
5. In the Scotland Newsletter: capacity, facility and circumvention, the new Edinburgh Sheriff Court Practice Note, an important case on the ability to apply for appointment as a guardian, and key responses to the Scottish Government consultation on incapacity law.