The 39 Essex Chambers November 2023 Mental Capacity Report will soon be landing in subscribers‘ inboxes. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: reasonably adjusting to disability in the context of dialysis and identifying will and preferences across a spectrum of difficult medical cases;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: the Law Commission’s further consultation on wills;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: two sets of ‘Ps’ and the costs of welfare appeals;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: the CQC’s State of Care report, deprivation of liberty and those under 18, litigation capacity and access to court, and the inherent jurisdiction in Ireland;
(5) In the Scotland Report: bureaucracy vs justice and a tribute to Adrian upon his retirement from one of his posts.
You can find our past issues, our case summaries, and more on our dedicated sub-site here, where you can also sign up to the Mental Capacity Report.
My walkthrough is here: