The June 2017 Mental Capacity Report is now out. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: standing in the shoes of P in a difficult decision as to cancer treatment, s.21A and the LAA, Welsh DoLS and Sir James Munby P on the warpath;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: Charles J puts statutory wills under the spotlight and new OPG guidance on travel costs;
(2) In the Practice and Procedure Report: the minutes of the Court of Protection Court Use Group;
(3) In the Wider Context Report: new resources for GPs and about ADRTs, psychiatric treatment under scrutiny from Europe and moves to secure greater cross-border protection for adults;
(4) In the Scotland Report: important perspectives on supported decision-making, independent living and legislative reform.
All of them are available here along with all our past issues, our case summaries, and more.
You are also invited to our 10th birthday party for the MCA 2005 to be held on 29 June, with the keynote speech to be delivered by Baker J and a packed programme of talks and masterclasses concerned with key aspects of the Court of Protection’s work and future. For details, and to book, see here.