The 39 Essex Chambers Mental Capacity Reports will be circulated to those on the distribution list shortly (to join, see here). For those who cannot wait, you can find them here, with the following highlights:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: an appreciation of Alastair Pitblado, the Mental Capacity (Amendment) Bill, the Joint Committee on Human Rights considers DoLS reform and fluctuating capacity;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: the OPG mediation pilot
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: court fees reductions and when to join;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: Lady Hale on Cheshire West and the CRPD, Parliamentary debates and developments and a major Council of Europe report on attorneys and advance directives;
(5) In the Scotland Report: AWI consultation responses and Sandra McDonald reflects on her time as Public Guardian.