The July newsletters are now out. Highlights this month include:
1. In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Newsletter: some light shed on undoing advance decisions to refuse medical treatment;
2. In the Property and Affairs Newsletter: Senior Judge Lush’s last judgment (on dispensing with service) and the latest LPA/deputy statistics;
3. In the Practice and Procedure Newsletter: different aspects of (and consequences of) reporting restrictions;
4. In the Capacity outside the COP Newsletter: guidance on s.20 Children Act 1989 ‘consents’ and capacity, powers of attorney and managing telephone subscriber accounts;
5. In the Scotland Newsletter: an update on practice before the Glasgow Sheriff court, a round-up of relevant case-law, and the review of the Council of Europe’s Recommendation CM/Rec(2009)11 on principles concerning continuing powers of attorney and advance directives for incapacity.
And remember, you can now find all our past issues, our case summaries, and much more on our dedicated sub-site here.