The September 2019 Mental Capacity Reports are now out. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: fluctuating capacity, and two important decisions on the scope of the inherent jurisdiction at the border of the MCA 2005;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: appointing a charitable trust corporation as a deputy and donating/tax-planning in PVS;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: procedure in medical treatment cases; disclosure from proceedings to the police; and an update from relevant associations
(4) In the Wider Context Report: guidance on advance decisions and covert medication; alcohol, capacity and vulnerability; the FCA and vulnerable customers;
(5) In the Scotland Report: the Scott Review terms of reference; guardianship and (the failure of?) legal representation; and the apparent downgrading of the Mental Health Tribunal for Scotland.
All of the reports, together with the usual compendium version, can be found here, together with all our past issues, our case summaries, and more.