The February 2021 Mental Capacity Report is now out. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: vaccination; interim authority to treat pending a final order, and a further LPS impact assessment;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: guidance following ACC for professional deputies;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: a checklist for international relocation, covert treatment and the courts, and recording of court proceedings;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: decision-making and 16/17 year olds, FAQs following the Devon judgment on personal assessment, spotting coercion and control and the BIHR’s resources for service providers;
(5) In the Scotland Report: further developments relating to the Scott review, including an update from the Chair, and Scottish consideration of relocation.
My walkthrough is here: