Delayed (as the phrase goes) by circumstances beyond our control, the January Mental Capacity Report is now out. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: Re Y update, a further round in the Re X saga, a briefing note on PJ/MM, the Chief Coroner’s annual report and Manuela Sykes’ obituary;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: case-law and OPG guidance on gifts, and whether its effect on a will is information relevant to the test of whether a person has capacity to marry;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: fluctuating capacity in the face of the court, Court of Protection statistics and a useful case for human rights claims arising out of the misuse of the MCA;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: interim guidance on CANH withdrawal, the NICE consultation on decision-making and capacity, an important study on everyday decision-making under the MCA and a book corner with recent books of interest;
(5) In the Scotland Report: Court of Protection orders before the Scottish courts and an update on the Scottish Government consultation on adults with incapacity;
You can find all of these here, along with all our past issues, our case summaries, and more.