Welcome to the March 2016 Newsletters. Highlights this month include:
- In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Newsletter: what we don’t know about the MCA and further observations on ‘using and weighing’;
- In the Property and Affairs Newsletter: calibrating testamentary capacity to the nature of the estate and updates from the Office of the Public Guardian;
- In the Practice and Procedure Newsletter: the draft Case Management Pilot, the s.49 Pilot and an update on the transparency pilot;
- In the Capacity outside the COP Newsletter: further follow-up from Winterbourne View, the Mental Health Taskforce report’s ‘fusion’ recommendation, and immigration detention and the MCA;
- In the Scotland Newsletter: the shortage of Mental Health Officers (again), total or complete incapacity in the context of homelessness, the Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 and an update on the consultation on the AWI.
You can find all of these, our past issues, our case summaries, and much more on our dedicated sub-site here. ‘One-pagers’ of the cases in these Newsletters of most relevance to social work professionals will also shortly appear on the SCIE website.